If your property is located in a bush fire prone area, it is important to prepare for Sydney’s annual bush fire season.
During a bush fire, most properties are destroyed from ‘ember attacks’ where embers fly onto roofs and gutters. Embers can cause fires many kilometres in front of the main fire and can start falling up to an hour before the fire arrives at your home. To reduce the risk to you and your property, it is essential to have clean gutters that have been cleared of built up leaves and debris that can easily start a fire.
ABC Gutter Cleaning can clean your gutters and roof of any leaves and built up debris so your property is bush fire ready. We have a free reminder service available to help you complete your Bush Fire Survival Plan as recommended by the NSW Rural Fire Service.
- Clean your gutters of leaves and twigs
- Install fire proof gutter guards
- Repair damaged or missing tiles on the roof
- Install fine metal mesh screens on windows and doors
- Fit seals around doors and windows to eliminate gaps
- Enclose the areas under the house
- Repair or cover gaps in external walls
- Attach a fire sprinkler system to gutters
- Keep lawns short and gardens well maintained
- Cut back trees and shrubs overhanging buildings
- Clean up fallen leaves, twigs and debris around the property
- Have hoses long enough to reach around your house
- If you have a pool, tank or dam, put a Static Water Supply (SWS) sign on your property entrance, so fire fighters know where they can get water
- Check and maintain adequate levels of home and contents insurance. Ensure it is up to date.
We can help you become bush fire ready
ABC Gutter Cleaning can help you prepare for this year’s bush fire season with our free gutter cleaning reminder service. We also professionally install fire proof gutter guard at great discounted rates.
Contact us today and one of our friendly installers will visit your property and show you the range of customised products we recommend and explain how and why they work.